Related pages: Parks home. Parks Councils. Parks Directory. Jackson/JPAC home. Kenwood/KPAC home. Nichols/NPAC home.
Park Councils schedules in the Hyde Park-Kenwood Area
Presented by Hyde Park-Kenwood Community Conference, its Parks Committee (chair Gary Ossewaarde), and its website firstname.lastname@example.org. This page is not the website of particular park councils or the Chicago Park District. The pages linked at the top give links to park council websites, and visit. http://www.chicagoparkdistrict.com. Communicate with our parks committee via email@example.com or 773 288-8343.
below: special meetings-
Updated schedule of regular meetings. An expanded chart of status, meetings, contacts et al follows.
- Harold Washington
- Nichols (is the recognized site, hydepark.org/parks/nichols.htm)
- Spruce facebook page- address coming
http://www.washingtonparkac.org, facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Washington-Park-Advisory-Council/178931582168672
Meeting schedule (See message below this block about the Nov. 13 Midway elections.
- Bixler Playlot. tba.
- Cornell. Cornell Park- 4th Mondays, 6 pm at Catholic Theological Union, 5416 S. Cornell usually room 304. November 25.
- Elm Playlot. 4th Tuesday, 6 pm. , 2016 and thereafter most 4th Tuesdays through fall- not in Winter. Nichols fieldhouse, 1355 E. 53rd St. Timika Hoffman-Zoller contact. tba.
- Harold Washington Park. TBA 6 PM PAC MEETING NICHOLS FIELDHOUSE, 1355 E. 53RD ST.
contact and rsvp meeting = Darva Watkins, 312 366-5187 firstname.lastname@example.org or Facebook. Was held, watch now for organizational meeting.
- Harris Recreational Center tba 6200 S. Drexel, meeting room. ? TBA
- Jackson Park. 2nd Monday, normally 7 pm at the fieldhouse 6401 S. Stony Island. Monday, usually 7 pm at the fieldhouse, 6401 S. Stony Island. Gary Ossewaarde 773 773 947-9541, Louise McCurry,773 844-2225. NOVEMBER 11- due to Veterans Day this meeting will be in the Hyde Park Bank Bldg. 1525 E. 53rd St. lower level at 7 pm. Take the single elevator (to left in ground lobby) down. Nominations will be opened.
- Kennicott Park, 4434 S. Lake Park. 1st Mondays, if still active.
- Kenwood Park, http://web.me.com/kenwoodpark/Site/About_KPAC.html. ChicagoKPAC@gmail.com. Active but few community meetings. St. Paul & Redeemer, 4945 S. Dorchester, Bylesby Room from parking ot rear entr.
- Ma Houston. (info in Other Parks page) 50th and Cottage Gr. tba.
- Midway Plaisance Park. at the skating house, between University and Ellis. NOW 2ND Wednesdays at 6:30 pm. BUT November 13,6:30 at Washington Park Refectory. Elections.
- Nichols Park, Second Thursday, 7 pm. fieldhouse, 1355 E. 53rd St. Stephanie Franklin, 773 955-3622. 2nd Thursday. November 14 .
- AC-South Shore Cultural Center, Sat. Normally 2nd Sat. 10:30 am. 7059 South Shore Drive. Gary Ossewaarde. Next Moved to November 16.
- Spruce Park. 3rd Mondays, 6 pm at Nichols fieldhouse, 1355 E. 53d St. TBA.
- Stout Park. 1st Tuesdays, 6 pm at Nichols fieldhouse. ?
- Washington Park 3rd Wed. , 7 pm, fieldhouse, 5531 S. King Dr. 3rd Wednesday. Cecilia Butler. 3rd Wednesday. November 20.
Midway PAC Nov 13 2019 election.
From the Officers. Dear MPAC Members,
Below is information about the process for MPAC's upcoming Officer Elections. In addition, candidate statements (per the motion made and carried at the October meeting) are attached to this message. There are 6 nominees. In alphabetical order by office they are: President - Bronwyn Nichols-Lodato; Vice President - Donald McGruder, Genora Stone; Secretary - Radiah Smith-Donald, Myriam Weaver; Treasurer - Mary Anton, Radiah Smith-Donald.
Please reach out to MPAC (email@example.com) or to one of the officers if you have questions about the process.
MPAC 2019 Election Process
1) The election will be held at the November Monthly Meeting: November 13, 2019 at the Washington Park Refectory: 5531 S Martin Luther King Dr. This location has been identified in collaboration with the Chicago Park District - thank you for understanding the importance of holding the November meeting in a larger space.
2) The overall meeting agenda is currently planned as follows:
*6:30-7pm – Standard agenda, abbreviated
*7-7:15pm – Election process, nominations from the floor (nominees and nominators must be voting members of MPAC)
*7:15-7:35p - Candidate statements, 2 minutes apiece. As stated in the motion made and carried at the October meeting, all nominees are to make a statement saying 'What they intend to do if elected'.
*7:35-8:30p - Voting. Voting will close at 8:30p or after the last eligible voting member has cast their ballot - whichever occurs later. Please note: Votes from members arriving after 8pm will not be counted.
3) Ballots will be prepared in advance and provided at the election. Each candidate nominated according to the MPAC Nomination Process will have his/her name included on the prepared ballot. A blank line will be included for each office to allow for candidates nominated from the floor.
4) Voting requirements: To be eligible to vote, one must be a) a voting member of MPAC (membership form on file with MPAC and attending at least second meeting in the last 12 months), and b) present at the November meeting by 8pm. Meeting attendance each month is determined by the meeting sign-in sheets.
5) Voting process: Voting members will check in to confirm eligibility and receive a ballot. Ballots are anonymous. Each voter will receive one ballot and must complete the ballot on the spot and then deposit it in the ballot box. Voters may not pick up a ballot and return later to submit it.
6) Attendees will be selected at random until three volunteers have been identified to join the officers and help with voter check-in and ballot distribution.
7) A representative from the Chicago Park District will be present and will tabulate the votes. Officers will remain until the vote count is complete.
8) As per the bylaws, the election results will be announced at the next meeting: December 11, 2019. (Article 6, Section 5, Part C)
The information in this notice will be posted in the ice rink field house window and on the website, and has been shared via email with all MPAC members (including those who have membership forms on file but are not currently eligible to vote).
Bixler- 57th and Kenwood- tba
Cornell - 4th Monday at 6 or 6:30 at Catholic Theological Union, 5416 S. Cornell room 304 (sommetimes 504). 4th Mon. November 25.
Elm- 4th Tuesday at 6 at Nichols Fieldhouse, 1355 E. 53rd St. tba
Harold Washington - organizational to be announced.
Harris. tba. 6200 S. Drexel. tba
Jackson- 2nd Monday at 7 at Fieldhouse, 6401 S. Stony Island. NOVEMBER 11- due to Veterans Day this meeting will be in the Hyde Park Bank Bldg., 1525 E. 53rd St. lower level at 7 pm. Take the single elevator (to left in ground lobby) down. Nominations will be opened.
Kenwood- 2nd Tuesday at St. Paul & Redeemer, 4945 S. Dorchester parking lot. Bylesby room. tba
Ma Houston tba
Midway- 2nd Wednesdays 6:30 at skating warming house, center panel between University and Ellis. November 13 Washington Park Refectory- Elections.
Nichols- 2nd Thursday at 7 at Fieldhouse, 1355 E. 53rd St. November cancelled. November 14
Stout- 1st Tuesday at 6 at Nichols Fieldhouse, 1355 E. 53rd St. ?
Washington (George)- 3rd Wednesday, 7 pm at Fieldhouse 5531 S. King Dr. November 20
(South Shore- 2nd Saturday, 10:30 am, SSCC Oak Room, 7059 South Shore Drive
October 12. Re:Center planning meeting with the city and cpd. September 18
Presidents (as of February, 2016)
Bixler- Mila Jameson
Cornell Park-Norm Bell
Elm Park- Timika Hoffman-Zoller
Harold Washington PlayLot Park- interim convener Darva Watkins
Jackson- Louise McCurry
Kenwood- Sundeep Mullangi
Midway- Bronwyn Nichols-Lodato
Nichols-Stephanie Franklin ( no email) phone 773-955-3622
Spruce Park -to be elected
Stout- Kenneth East
Washington- Cecilia Butler
(South Shore- Walter Kindred)
chart of status, meetings, contacts et al- to be updated from above
Chicago Park District 2015 Board Meeting Calendar.You may also find Board Meeting dates at https://chicagoparkdistrict.legistar.com/ .
Parks north of 51st St. (E. Hyde Park Blvd.) are in the Central Region, Art Richardson, those to the south are in South Region, Daphne Johnson. Area Manager for most or our South Region parks is Cordell Hopkins.
Park Monthly Date Location Contacts Gwendolyn Brooks- see Kennicott Belinda Starks Bessie Coleman 4th Tuesday, 7 pm. Now meets with the local block club West Hyde Park Neighbors? Peter Cassel Cornell Playlot council being formed 54?? S. Cornell Lanita Ross , Louise McCurry Dyett no regular mtgs lately, is active 513 E. 51st Street
Vinston Glover, president, 773 955-7784 or
Bobbie Townsend, 773 548-2199
Jackson 2nd Monday 7 pm usually but not always at fieldhouse Field House, 6401 S. Stony Island, 7:30 pm
Supervisor Wm. Tillis 773 256-0903
Harold Washington New council in formation Del Prado, 5307 S. HP Blvd. 2nd floor lobby.
Irene Sherr (Irene Sherr) (no elected officers). 773 752-2770
Under Kenwood Park, Tony McCoy? seems to be Nikki Peters
Harris Recreational Center 3nd Thursday, 6 pm. 6200 S. Drexel
Linda Austin, president, 312 282-7321
Gerald Washington, Supervisor. Mail to ctr. Attn: Lorraine Simmons.
Kennicott Monday after the first Thursday Kennicott Park Field House, 4344 S. Lake Park Avenue, 7 ? pm
?Shari Nichols-Sweat, president, 773 288-0844
Sup. Renee Shepherd, 312 747-7138
Kenwood 3rd or 4th Wednesdays every 2 or 3 months St. Paul and the Redeemer, 4945 S. Dorchester- Bylesby Room or Chapel off east lot entry.
Supervisor. Tony McCoy, 312 747-6286, Area Manager ?, 773 746-5962
Midway Plaisance Not meeting currently Skating Rink Warming House
(no elected officers) 773 834-4549
Dir. Rick Shaheen, 312 745-2470
2nd Thursday 7:00 pm
Nichols Park gym fieldhouse, 1355 E. 53rd St., 7 pm
Sup. Nikki Peters, 773 747-2703
Promontory Point Not organized, does not meet.
Re: park call Jackson Park Supervisor, Wm. Tillis, 773 256-0903.
South Shore Cultural Center 2nd Saturday 10:30 am (excepts October, April- tba) 7059 South Shore Drive
Edie Moore, President
Ctr. Dir. Andrea Adams 773 256-0149
Spruce Not meeting.
Sup. Rick Shaheen, 312 745-2470 at Midway or Heather Kelly at Nichols 773 747-2307
3rd Wednesday, 7 pm Field House 5531 S. King Dr., 7 pm
Cecilia Butler, president,
There is a Conservancy for natural areas
Fieldhouse 312 747-6823, Refectory 312 747-7618. Sup. Janie Collins
Chicago Park District Regional 2016 Budget Hearings coming up late summer 2015.